An off-white grey opaque glass paint.
Pure and simple white grey named after our house, where the Thorndown brand was born!
Thorndown’s revolutionary water-based Greymond Peelable Glass Paint is made from a resin using 100% recycled plastics.
It is non-toxic, virtually V.O.C. free (Volatile Organic Compounds 0.05%) and halogen free with a low carbon foot print.
Painted on any shiny surface it is great for shading, interior design or seasonal fun that you simply peel off to remove!
It’s easy to shade or colour any glass surface with Thorndown Peelable Glass Paint, allowing you to be as creative as you like with it. Whether you paint, roller or spray straight from the tin or choose to mix colours, we just want it to be simple and fun. But remember not to reward yourself with a cream tea until the painting is done!
Use indoor or outdoor:
- Paint it on – Peel it off!
- Made from recycled plastic
- Shades from the sun
- Arts and Crafts
- Eco based – high performing water-based eco paint with minimal VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) at 0.28%
- Water wash up
- Long-lasting coating shades colours or decorates for years or days – it’s up to you how long you want to use it.
- Great core colour range – 24 heritage opaque shades 14 transparent colours + 1800 RAL colours available
- Opaque heritage colour shading
- Transparent stained glass colours
- Mix colours together easily to create your own colours and shades
- Very strong film that lasts years yet peels off very easily and cleanly.
- Coats stone, metal and plastic.
- Mix with Clear to make more transparent
- Strong resistance to UV degradation and colour fade – strong external grade colours
- External Peelable Glass Paint Wood Paint the best for painting greenhouses, conservatories, glass doors, windows
- Internal Peelable Glass Paint create artistic makeovers for stained glass effect; decorate doors, windows, tiles, mirrors, jam jars, plastic bottles etc.
- Stained Glass Paint
- Glass shading paint
- Opaque Light Grey Peelable Glass Paint
40ml 0.5 square metres
150ml 1.8 square metres
750ml 9.0 square metres
Delivery & Returns
We aim to deliver next working day and always within 3 working days from receipt of order, however orders received before midday are usually sent on the same day and delivered direct to your door the next working day! Sample tins are usually sent out by Royal Mail 1st Class Post and we use a trusted professional courier service for all other deliveries.
Notes can be left with deliveries for directions to leave packages safely if you are not in and if you have any particularly urgent or specific instructions please contact us - we're confident we can sort it out.
Please follow this link to visit the Delivery & Returns page for full information and latest details on final order and delivery dates around bank holidays and other events.
For full product information and application advice please follow this link to Advice – Glass Paint. Below is a short summary.
- Water-based Peelable eco paint with satin finish
- Coverage – approx. 12m2 per litre
- Protect clothing as paint will stain
- Shake & Stir thoroughly before and stir during use
- Apply to clean, dry, sound, shiny surface
- Use synthetic brush, roller or sprayer. Best coating results are produced by using a roller with a foam sleeve
- Apply a nice thick coating as thin patchy coats won’t peel very easily
- Avoid the rain – allow approx. 12-24 hours drying time (depending on how hot the weather is) when painting externally before exposing to rain or high levels of humidity
as this can damage the coating
- Touch-dry in under an hour or two in fine weather. Can overcoat after approx. 4-6 hours in normal conditions. Drying time extended by cold or damp conditions.
Can be safest to leave to dry for 24 hours in poorer weather before applying 2nd coat
- One coat is enough to provide shading. A second coat will increase the solidity and colour of the coating
- Clean wet equipment with water and a spot of detergent if required. Don’t allow paint to dry in sprayer nozzles
- Dispose of responsibly. Empty tins are fully recyclable and most local authorities can dispose of leftover paint
- Remove Peelable Glass Paint by picking at a corner and peeling coating off. Coatings can dry out over time especially if in south-facing areas.
You can re-hydrate the coating by soaking with water and leaving for approx. 10 minutes before trying to peel.
Coating can be removed by a paint scraper or you can apply a fresh coat over the top of an old dry coating – leave to bond to the old coating for about 2 weeks then
peel both coats off together. Old coatings can be returned to the Thorndown factory in Glastonbury, Somerset for recycling