Thorndown are happy to announce the launch of a NEW water-based Wood Preserver, joining their high-performing Wood Paint range, and NEW Stain Blocking Primer.
Suitable for use on all new or existing external softwood, this Wood Preserver is affective against brown rot (Gloeophyllum trabeum, Coniophora puteana, Poria placenta) and blue stain fungi (Aureobasidium pullulans spp, Sclerophoma pithyophilla).
The product is made for outside application on wood. The target end-use market is DIY, professional and industrial. To be used in Class 2 and 3 cf. DS/EN335: 2013
Thorndown Wood Preserver is approved for use in the UK under GB-BPR with the Product Registration Number GB-2013-0783-1-0002
- Protects timber against brown rot
- Protects timber against blue stain fungi
- Use Class 2 and 3 cf. DS/EN335: 2013. Conforms to EN 113 after EN 84 / EN 73 and EN 152
- Quick drying – Dry in 1 hour in fine weather (23OC and 60% relative humidity)
- Overcoat in 6 hours to 4 weeks
- Ready to use
- Low odour
- Coverage: treatment rate of 180 to 220 ml/m2 equalling approximately 5.5 m2 per litre – planed surfaces need 2 coats, rough sawn timbers 1 coat
- Preserves new and existing softwood
- For outside application on wood
- Can be used DIY, professional and industrial
- Thorndown Wood Preserver is a BPR approved wood preservative
- For protection of windows, exterior doors, claddings, eaves, fences, carports etc.
- Shown to produce excellent broad spectrum protection against wood destroying and blue stain fungi
- Acts as a primer
- Water wash up with mild soap
- Apply with brush or roller application for DIY
You can view and download a pdf of Wood Preserver USPs here, download the full Wood Preserver USP and Application Advice sheet, or visit the Advice – Wood Preserver page on the Thorndown website for full product information and application advice.