Thorndown are very happy to announce the launch of their NEW water-based Stain Blocking Primer, created to block tannin stains and resin bleeds, and acting as a high-performing multi-surface primer.
Thorndown’s Stain Blocking Primer is designed to work on all untreated softwood and hardwood timber surfaces, including pine, cedar, redwood, plywood, MDF and hardboard, pressure treated timber, Accoya, and all painted surfaces of timber, masonry and plaster.
It is available in a choice of Clear, White, Grey and Black to work perfectly with all of the colours on the Thorndown Wood Paint range, and over 1800 RAL Classic and Design colours.
- Works on all untreated softwood and hardwood timber surfaces, including pine, cedar, redwood, plywood, MDF and hardboard. On oily hardwoods such as Iroko drying time will be greater
- Works on pressure-treated timber and Accoya
- Works on all painted surfaces of timber, masonry and plaster
- Quick drying – Dry in 1 hour in fine weather cnly 1 coat is needed but you can apply a second on particularly resinous or troublesome wood, like very knotty woods or ones with high tannin bleed or leeching
- Water-based primer, sealer and stain killer
- Suitable for use on interior and exterior surfaces
- Excellent adhesion to all timber and painted surfaces
- Blocks stubborn and persistent stains including water stains, marker pens and more
- Seals porous surfaces with excellent blocking of bleeding knots and sap streaks
- Flash rust inhibitor prevents rust forming while drying
- Fungicide film preservation stops the paint film degrading with mould
- Low VOC
- Coverage up to 12m2 per litre on smooth surfaces, 6m2 on rough surfaces
- Moisture regulating microporous primer
- Water wash up
- Apply with brush (high quality synthetic recommended), roller or sprayer
- Available in Clear, White, Grey and Black
You can view and download a pdf of Stain Blocking Primer USPs here, download the full Stain Blocking Primer USP and Application Advice sheet, or visit the Advice – Stain Blocking Primer page on the Thorndown website for full product information and application advice.