WHORTLEBERRY – deep and dark purple with an aubergine appeal. A whortleberry is the Somerset name for wild blueberries and this name is inspired by the most delicious looking Whortleberry Jam made by an independent Somerset producer called Bumblees Preserves.
It’s easy to transform and protect any timber surface with Thorndown Whortleberry Wood Paint, allowing you to be as creative as you like with it. Whether you paint straight from the tin, choose to mix colours or dilute it for a stain effect, we just want it to be fun. But remember not to reward yourself with a cider until the painting is done.
Use indoor or outdoor:
- Eco based – water-based eco product with minimal VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) at 0.28%
- Satin finish with a soft sheen
- Made with architectural exterior-grade VOC free colour pigments with long-lasting UV protection
- Great core colour range – 48 heritage and modern colours + UV Clear
- Transparent wood colours
- Somerset Heritage Colour Collection with 22 natural countryside tones
- 1800 RAL Classic and Design colours available
- One wood paint product for any timber application; interior, exterior, softwood & hardwood
- Opaque and semi opaque paint colours
- UV Clear with added UV blocking protection to keep wood looking good longer
- Grain visible with a delicate and beautiful satin finish
- Mix colours together easily to create your own shades
- Very strong bond with timber
- Coats metal, masonry, terracotta and plastic including uPVC window frames
- Water repellent, micro-porous, and frost resistant
- Mix with UV Clear to make more transparent or dilute with water (up to 50%) for a wood stain effect
- Strong resistance to UV degradation and colour fade – strong external grade colours
- External Wood Paint – the best for painting doors, windows, cladding, decks, sheds, cabins, trellis and fences
- Internal Wood Paint – create cool makeovers for doors, floors, windows and furniture.
- Deep dark Purple Opaque Wood Paint
Delivery & Returns
We aim to deliver next working day and always within 3 working days from receipt of order, however orders received before midday are usually sent on the same day and delivered direct to your door the next working day! Sample tins are usually sent out by Royal Mail 1st Class Post and we use a trusted professional courier service for all other deliveries.
Notes can be left with deliveries for directions to leave packages safely if you are not in and if you have any particularly urgent or specific instructions please contact us - we're confident we can sort it out.
Please follow this link to visit the Delivery & Returns page for full information and latest details on final order and delivery dates around bank holidays and other events.
For full product information and application advice please follow this link to Advice – Wood Paint. Below is a short summary.
- Water-based eco paint with satin finish
- Coverage – approx. 6m2 per litre on rough sawn and 12m2 per litre on smooth/planed wood
- Shake & Stir thoroughly before use for minimum 1 minute, and stir during use with a wide surface stirring implement, not stick as too thin to stir properly
- Protect clothing as paint will stain
- No need for primer unless applying to an oily surface or hardwood, metal or uPVC.
Stain-blocking primer recommended to stop possible resin bleed or tannin stains on the coating with lighter shades
- Apply to clean, dry, sound surface
- Use synthetic brush, roller or sprayer
- Avoid the rain – allow approx. 24 hours drying time on second coats before exposing to rain or high levels of humidity
- Touch-dry in under an hour in fine weather. Can overcoat after approx. 1-2 hours in normal conditions. Drying time extended by cold or damp conditions
- Two coats recommended for full exterior protection. Some light colours can be enhanced with a third coat
- Clean wet equipment with water and a spot of detergent if required. Don’t allow paint to dry in sprayer nozzles
- Dispose of responsibly. Empty tins are fully recyclable and most local authorities can dispose of leftover paint